For any museum or archive facility saving money is a must, at Bruyzeel storage we have developed our LED lighting systems to help you save money and the environment.
The LED light was developed back in 1962 by Nick Holonyak Jr and in the many years since it has many advantages over incandescent lamps in the modern world!
Here are some of the many reasons why considering the use of LED lighting is better for your storage or archive solutions:
- LED’s emit more Lumens per watt than incandescent light bulbs and this is not affected by the size and shape of the bulb unlike conventional florescent light bulbs or tube lighting. This is useful when illumining large areas of storage space.
- LED lighting can be made in any colour without any colour filters, which means you can create low mood lighting for any museum storage/display set up.
- The size of LED lights can be any size and even as small as 2mm. So this means LED lighting can be put in any place where for your storage needs them.
- LED lighting is also instant and the warming up time of the bulb can be under a micro second, so making it easy to get the lights on to find what you are looking for and off again to save you time and electricity.
- LED lighting can also be dimmed very easily which is useful when you are spending long periods of time working in your archive and not having too much glare on your eyes.
- The lifespan of a LED light is very impressive and they can last up to 25 years or 35,000 hours, so this saves on any maintenance costs and also the need to replace any bulbs all the time.
- Also in the future with conventional light bulbs being phased out LED Lighting is the future of lighting technology.
- One major safety feature with LED lighting is the shock resistance as compared to normal light bulbs. LED light bulbs are harder to damage than current florescent tubes and incandescent bulbs this is because an LED light is a solid unit.
- But for archives of delicate materials, LED lights are the best for radiating cool light.
- Conventional heat emitting light bulbs can cause damage to delicate items in your collection rather than LED Bulbs that emit very low amounts of heat.
- Also LED lights have a slow failure, so they fail over time by getting dimmer than the abrupt failure of conventional light bulbs.
- Also LED lights are 80% more efficient than conventional light bulbs which means 95% of the energy is converted in light and only 5% wasted as heat, thus making them much better for the environment and reducing your organisations C02 emissions.
- Also another energy saving advantage is that LEDs consume less power they can operate effectively on low-voltage electrical systems. These are generally much safer in the event that something goes wrong.
- LEDs emit the vast majority of their energy in the visible spectrum, a small amount in the infrared spectrum, and virtually none in the ultraviolet portion of the spectrum. This means that LEDs are able to safely and reliably illuminate UV sensitive items like art that will break down and degrade over time if exposed to this type of emission.
If you need to know more about how LED Lighting can help your storage solutions please contact us